|Registration and Breakfast||8:00 a.m.|
|Morning Session (Instruction)||8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|Day 1 Afternoon Session (Instruction)
Day 2 Afternoon Session (Instruction)
|1:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
1:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|Breaks about every 2 hours|
|*Day 3 Instruction Schedule||8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
Regulatory Agencies and General Authorities
How to Navigate USDA and FDA Sites and Find Resources for Preliminary Research
Product Quality Claims
- Ingredient Related Claims such as "Natural", "Organic", "Fresh"
- Green/Environmental/Sustainability Claims
- Third Party Claims
Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing Claims:
- Nutrient Content
- Structure Function
- Health Claims
- Dietary Guidance Statements
Labeling for Certain Ingredients:
Required Label Elements by Agency
Nutrition Facts Panel (includes FDA’s new requirements)
Special Nutrition Labeling Provisions
Food Safety Related Statements
Placement of Required Label Elements
- National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard
- Nutrition Label Reform Q&A Session
- USDA FSIS Proposed Revisions to Nutrition Labeling Regulations for Meat and Poultry Product
If you have questions about the workshop program, content or speakers, please contact Dean Longhofer at (202) 295-3941.