Understanding the Impacts of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
Ensuring the safety of our products is the food industry’s most important priority. GMA worked closely with legislators to craft the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act and will work closely with the FDA to develop rules and guidance to implement the provisions of this new law.
To understand the impacts of this new legislation, click here for the GMA webinar on the major provisions of the new law and how they will affect GMA members.
On behalf of our members and the food industry, GMA staff and experts have developed an action plan to support effective implementation of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act provisions.
Right now GMA is working to make members aware of what the law requires, what it means for their businesses and how to implement any changes needed. Secondly, GMA is planning how to best approach the regulatory process to ensure that any new regulations are science based, feasible and cost-effective ways to achieve the legislation’s objectives.
GMA is also planning to develop industry and regulatory guidance through a series of workshops that will facilitate information sharing between GMA members and FDA authorities on the state of the science and industry practices.
To help ensure the industry stays in compliance, GMA will be hosting a series of training programs to educate member companies on the practical implementation of any new regulations. Lastly, there is a large international component associated with the new law and GMA will continue to work to ensure effective integration of these new requirements.
March 30 Webinar: Building Blocks of an Effective Food Safety Plan
This webinar will focus on preventive control elements as outlined in the FSMA.
- Text of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, signed January 5th, 2011
- Hogan Lovells Section by Section of FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Hogan Lovells Memo on FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Hogan Lovells Memo on "Effective Dates and Implementation Schedules in the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act"
- Hogan Lovells Summary of Key FSMA Effective Dates
- Hogan Lovells Effective Dates and FDA Requirements in the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- GMA Webinar on the Major Provisions of the FSMA
- Materials from the GMA FSMA Webinar
- GMA Member Questions and Answers from the FSMA Webinar
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Website