To ensure the safety and quality of our products as well as regulatory compliance, GMA experts work closely with and monitor the regulatory activity of the many federal agencies that can impact the CPG industry on behalf of its members and industry stakeholders.
These federal agencies include the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). On the international front, GMA policy experts are engaged with trade agencies such as the Foreign Agriculture Service (FAS) and the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative.
The general policy and regulatory areas in which GMA staff may be of assistance include:
- Product and ingredient regulatory standards
- Food additive approval and standards
- Contaminant regulations
- Good manufacturing practices
- Environmental regulations and standards
- Food packaging regulations
- Food labels and labeling
- Biotechnology policies and regulations
- Health and nutrition policies
- Pesticide regulations and tolerances
- HACCP regulations and guides
- Emerging technologies regulation