The Industry Affairs Council is comprised of North American presidents and chief executive officers of GMA member companies and determines GMA’s overall industry policy positions and directs GMA Industry Affairs staff resources. The council sets goals and determines priorities and long-term strategy for GMA’s Industry Affairs group. The council meets two times per year, in the first and third quarters, and is one of three councils that reports to the GMA Board of Directors.
The mission of the council is to increase industry value through sustainable and profitable growth of brands and services. This is accomplished by:
- Helping to create a growing, dynamic and efficient marketplace with broad access to consumers, thereby enabling increased consumer preference for our industry's brands.
- Providing manufacturers, sales and marketing agencies, distributors and other trading partners with knowledge and understanding of the forces driving change in the industry.
Staff Liaison: Mr. James M. Flannery, Senior Executive Vice President, Operations and Industry Collaboration, Grocery Manufacturers Association
Members, login to see a full list of committee members.
Members can also access MyMeetings for upcoming committee events.
Industry Affairs Council Committees
- Chairman's Advisory Council
- Trading Partner Alliance
- Associate Member Council
- Chief Financial Officer Committee
- Sales Committee
- Information Systems Committee
- Supply Chain Committee
- Human Resources Share Group