New in 2013, GMA is excited to launch the Emerging Leaders program as a component of the CEO Leadership Forum. Emerging Leaders will include combined general sessions with the CEO Leadership Forum and breakout sessions that speak to the issues that up and coming leaders care about: transformational leadership and driving change in the industry.
The Selection Process
|There is a separate registration process for the Emerging Leaders. Please send the names of your company's selected Emerging Leaders to email@example.com. After receiving their name, GMA will confirm their attendance and email them the link to register for the event.|
The CEO Leadership Forum assembles the board leadership of GMA, and the executive leadership of the Food Marketing Institute and the National Grocers Association for a top-to-top exchange of ideas. These CEOs have been asked to choose an emerging leader within their company to participate in the new Emerging Leaders component.
If you are a CEO Leadership Forum attendee, please designate who from your company should participate by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and contact information.
The ideal candidate would have the suggested tenure of two levels below (e.g., ‘Direct report to Direct Report’). GMA is expecting a diverse group of talent with experience in finance, sales and marketing and supply chain, just to name a few.
Emerging Leader Objectives:
- Provide capability-building and networking opportunities to lay the groundwork for future industry leadership and partnership.
- Recognize strong performance and contributions for individuals within member company organizations.
- Share industry and association expertise to help shape the agenda and the next generation of leaders.
- Reception and dinner with CEO Leadership Forum attendees on July 16
- Combined general sessions with the CEO Leadership Forum on July 17
Separate breakout session on the issues rising leaders care about, such as:
- Transformational leadership
- What is driving change in industry
- Practical digital strategies for growth