In 1989, GMA began to actively address the issues of reverse logistics management within the supply chain. Since then, GMA has helped initiate dialogue between industry trading partners to identify solutions to reverse logistics management. Collaboratively, with our industry trading partners, GMA has produced benchmarking reports, whitepaper and industry guidance to provide solutions to the management of unsaleable product. GMA and its industry partners continue to provide structure and guidance around this issue. In 2000, GMA teamed up with Food Marketing Institute to form a Joint Industry Unsaleables Leadership Team to bring full industry awareness to the issue.
GMA, the Food Marketing Institute, National Association of Chain Drug Stores, Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute and the Consumer Healthcare Products Association sponsor the annual Joint Industry Unsaleables Management Conference to provide participants the knowledge and tools necessary to create and implement a comprehensive unsaleables management strategy.
- The Impact of Sales and Procurement on Reverse Logistics
- 2008 Joint Industry Unsaleables Management Study: The Real Causes and Actionable Solutions
- 2006 GMA Unsaleables Benchmark Survey
- Improving Unsaleables Management Business Practices -Joint Industry Recommendations
- 2005 Unsaleables Benchmark Report
- 2004 Unsaleables Benchmark Report
- Report on Expired Products - A Joint Industry Approach
- Unsaleable Adjustable Rate Policies White Paper
- Unsaleables Benchmarking Study 2003
- Unsaleables Benchmarking Study 2002: Executive Summary
- Improving Efficiencies in Product Discontinuation: A Grocery Industry White Paper
- Product Reclamation Centers: A Joint Industry Report